If you like the Virtual Moon Atlas ... you might like this

John

I think this is new from the same folks who bought us the excellent Cartes du Ciel and the Virtual Moon Atlas. The Virtual Planets Atlas just covers Mercury, Venus and Mars at present but seems to be very cool software for £0. It's great for identifying what feature is what on Mars at the moment :icon_biggrin:

http://www.ap-i.net/avp/en/start

Very, very good program! I also downloaded the 1.2g additions. I already had about 1/2 of it I'd loaded from from the same sites Patrick Chevalley and Christian Legrand (the authors) reference. But their filing is far better than mine! I am thrilled with this software! Thank you!

Utterly usefull indeed -

Dave

5 hours ago, Mak the Night said:

I've been thinking (not easy after brain damage lol) and I think I read about the Virtual Planet Atlas not so long ago, but couldn't find it anywhere. I should probably ditch DuckDuckGo and go back to Google ROTFL.

I found it mentioned in a thread on the Cloudynights forum. I'd not heard of it until then. The folks who produce this stuff deserve a lot of thanks - they are very useful tools :icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, John said:

I found it mentioned in a thread on the Cloudynights forum. I'd not heard of it until then. The folks who produce this stuff deserve a lot of thanks - they are very useful tools :icon_biggrin:

I can't remember where I saw it mentioned, I remember searching for it and decided it hadn't been released yet. Then I forgot about it. Then you found it! I had a good night last night with a couple of hours of decent observing, got first light on some new fiters which worked well for me, and then found this thread and downloaded VPA. All in all, a great start to the weekend.

Archived