Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
baggywrinkle

Celestron AVX pier adapter

£45 plus postage: AVX pier adapter, made by Altair Astro (they are £79 at present)

IMG_0336.JPG

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fabiolus
      Good day,
      I own a  skywatcher Heq5 pro mount, its awesome!
      I just realized the AC wire for my AC / DC adapter is broken (see pic 1). I found another AC wire from an old AC adapter and was wondering if this is ok?  I see the gauge wire is bigger  though and wonder if it matters?
      I am thinking of cutting near the female adapter and soldering it back to the entire length of wire that came from the laptop adapter even though the gauge is bigger. ( see pic 2).
      Thank you.

• By Greg6498
      Took my Celestron AVX Mount out this afternoon to familiarize my self with it in the daylight. Wasn’t sure if or how it would work, since it’s my first goto Mount. I got it setup per the directions and attached the SkySync GPS. It locked on my location very quickly so I did the Quick Align option just as a test. The polar scope was oriented north, and I used Sky Safari to locate stars I couldn’t see cause it was daytime. My first choice was Sirius and it slewed  right around to what should be the general vicinity! I then chose Venus in the West and off it went! I hit home and it went back to the original setup position. I can’t wait to take it out tomorrow night and really put it through it’s paces! This is totally most excellent!
    • By Adaaam75
      Hi guys,
      Having had difficulty in aligning and never actually managing to get my AVX to track to the standard I know it can, is the Celestron StarSense gadget the answer? 
      I know I can align my scope accurately if I put the effort in and having moved last year I’ve been unable to have my mount fixed on a pier so I’m seriously considering this piece of kit as an easier way to align and to motivate me to get out more often.
      Please share your thoughts.....
      Adaaam75
    • By Ervin
      Hello there!
      I am almost a noob to telescopes, but in the past weeks I have been watching Mars, Neptune, Saturn etc. But absolutely no look with any galaxy or cluster.
      And guess what, I LOVE IT!
      I own a Celeston Nexstar 4SE and a Nikon 3100 but I have no idea what I need to buy to connect them. Something like a T adaptor or I dont know... please help!
      Also, I would love to use some filters and a wifi for my AUX so I can use the app on my phone. So it woul be great to help with those aswell. I know that my telescope is not very good with nebulas and stuff like that, but I guess it can still take some decent shots of them right?
    • By Anthony RS
      Hello!
      Any idea where I can find an M54 female to M60 male ring adapter? I need to order it online since there arent any astroshops where I live so I'd really appreciate if someone can link me to such an adapter.
      Basically I have a TS Optics 2" Adapter with compression Ring for Skywatcher Newtonians, TSM54-2 and I need to use it for my celestron newtonian which has a 60mm drawtube so I'll need some sort of adapter.
      Clear skies!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.