Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

looking for side by side solution

Michael1971

Hi,

Decided to start another topic since its a different question.

I thought:  oh I fix myself something to put my camera on and a guiderscope, so i can make guided exposures.. easy... Uhm, no. (unless i make it all wooden etc... but thats to much diy... lol )

So I went looking for a pre-made solution.  I spend hours looking and to my amazement i didn't find anything yet.. except some for silly prices

So, I have a Canon 1100D (with tripod connector)  and a 50mm guidescope with a QHY5.

I found this, but not sure if my DSLR would fit:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p8315_TS-Guidemount---ultra-compact-Vixen-GP-level-dual-mount.html

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Hi charl,

Yea that looks nicely.

But I want just a dslr with lens on one side, and a guide scope next to it.

I think the difficulty is how you connect those to the dovetail plate, it should be easy disconnectable.

Thanks

On 6/14/2016 at 17:20, xtreemchaos said:

heres how i have mine setup, it works well, let me know if you need sizes of dove tails.charl.sol 8-6-16.JPG

I am liking the double cross bar attachment for this Charl, very sturdy. Hadn't occurred to me to do this when I looked into side by side setups. Nicely done.

25 minutes ago, MattJenko said:

I am liking the double cross bar attachment for this Charl, very sturdy. Hadn't occurred to me to do this when I looked into side by side setups. Nicely done.

thanks Matt, it is very ridged, thats how i have it for solar, it balances well, ive since swopped the scopes around with the ed on top and drilled another hole in the front dovetail so i can use the adjustment slot in the back dovetail for fine scope adjustment to bring them both inline for guiding. charl.

Archived