Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Crescent Nebula and Gamma Cygni Area Third Edit

Am I living in an alternative universe  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Am I living in an alternative universe

I have now restacked the image included a couple more subs to make 17 x 4 min light frames and calibrated the image with Darks, Bias, Flats and Dark Flats and re done in PSCS3 and Noels Actions. Equipment details can be found in my previous post.

Before

6889_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

After

6923_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Third attempt trying to get rid of green cast on star colour.

6939_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

Kev I'd like to see the original next to your latest edit; and so on and so forth...Please!

I say this because I can now see more of what 'I' see actual in your new edit, when I look at that area of sky with just my averted vision!

Just to be clear. The bright area that's appearing around the star (sorry don't know its designation :oops: ), to what would be (I think),south, maybe, south/southwest of Sadir. This area really stands out for me in the sky. It looks like a line of stars near together with just a hint of bright glow, fading off into a near disc...amazing to see this appearing in a pic. It's just like???? .....trying to find the words here lol???.... Yeah I got it! like averted vision in animation :)

And I thought it was just me seeing things :laughing3:

Regards

Andrew

I much prefer the AFTER image (middle one). In trying to remove the green cast, I think you've lost a fair amount of faint detail in the area around the central bright part.

But, having said all of that, it is a very nice shot - and one that I would be very happy with had I taken it (any of the three)!

Ant

I have been playing catch up again and having read Ant's post of this morning I was reminded that I had had a close look at this image a couple of days ago being interested in the 'little butterfly' that appears at the bottom. Entirely irrelevant to the subject matter of course but Ant's remarks about losing detail rang a bell and as luck would have it I still had a working image in the trash. I'm sure you would not normally want to give such an image screen space but I'll post it just to illustrate the point about loss of detail.

You have very good image there Kevin which has loads of data waiting to be extracted. (in a proper manner of course. :))

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Archived