SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Synscan factory reset

Hey everyone. First post noob here.

Was out last night couple hundred Ks from home camping. 3deg C, crystal clear night. HEQ5 Pro 6in scope with Orion ST80 on its back. It was going to be a trial run for me as this was the first time Autoguiding. 

Had everything setup and stated the polar alignment. Sometimes this takes me 5 minutes other times looooonger. 

Anyway to the point. I like the red LED in the polar alignment scope to be on 6. But with kids running around and some guy asking endless questions I think I turned the contrast either up or down by mistake? Now I have a black/blank screen on my handset.

Can I do a factory reset (if so how?) to fix it? Iv looked through the manual but as I can not see what I am doing its a bit hard to follow directions :hmh: So I am wondering if anyone has made this blunder?

Its the V4 handset too if that helps.  

Cheers for any help

Mike

IMG_2406.JPG.jpeg

1 minute ago, Trade007 said:

Hi yes you can do reset if you go into menu and look through I can't remember where exactly it is I think it's in functions it say factory settings just press enter will reset handset 

Unfortunately I don't think looking through the menus will work, the LCD has gone blank. I think this may be something, with the V3 handset even with the LCD contrast set to minimum the display is still visible.

Sorted. it was the contrast. Had the lights out and handset pointing away from me so I could just see the very faint lettering. Missed a good few hours of imaging. 

Oh well lesson learnt 

Cheers 

Mike

Archived