Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars & Saturn 12th June 2016 - 8SE

MarsG76

Hi All,

I was lucky to have had a night of particularly clear and crisp seeing. I was planning on doing nothing more than observing tonight but after seeing nice steady and detailed views of Mars and Saturn at a magnification of 406X in my 8SE I was told by missus that I will regret it if I don't image these planets tonight.. I'm glad that I did.

I'm stoked with the results so I'm sharing them with you. It does go to show that seeing and collimation are extremely important when imaging.

Thanks for looking.

Mariusz

Mars F30_LRGB_16-06-12 23-43-00CB.jpg

Saturn F30_LRGB 16-06-12 23-57-35CB.jpg

1 hour ago, MarsG76 said:

Hi All,

I was lucky to have had a night of particularly clear and crisp seeing. I was planning on doing nothing more than observing tonight but after seeing nice steady and detailed views of Mars and Saturn at a magnification of 406X in my 8SE I was told by missus that I will regret it if I don't image these planets tonight.. I'm glad that I did.

I'm stoked with the results so I'm sharing them with you. It does go to show that seeing and collimation are extremely important when imaging.

Thanks for looking.

Mariusz

Mars F30_LRGB_16-06-12 23-43-00CB.jpg

Saturn F30_LRGB 16-06-12 23-57-35CB.jpg

You had great viewing for this image it is really nice, wish we could get some night sky like that even just any clear sky lol, i just cant get the practice in due to these poor skies over West Yorkshire recently since i got my Planetary & DSO Cam. 

21 hours ago, 2STAR said:

You had great viewing for this image it is really nice, wish we could get some night sky like that even just any clear sky lol, i just cant get the practice in due to these poor skies over West Yorkshire recently since i got my Planetary & DSO Cam. 

Seeing is like a lottery... I hear your frustration with all those cloudy nights... BUT that one rare exceptional nights of crystal clear seeing and views is what we long for that leave us with those wow memories... Wondering when we will have that experience again...

Personally just as in starting to think that something is wrong with my mirrors or the new location I moved to I get views that literally made it near impossible to take my eye from the eyepiece... Those breathtaking views are unforgettable and addictive.

2 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Seeing is like a lottery... I hear your frustration with all those cloudy nights... BUT that one rare exceptional nights of crystal clear seeing and views is what we long for that leave us with those wow memories... Wondering when we will have that experience again...

Personally just as in starting to think that something is wrong with my mirrors or the new location I moved to I get views that literally made it near impossible to take my eye from the eyepiece... Those breathtaking views are unforgettable and addictive.

Absolutely True

1 hour ago, bunnygod1 said:

A couple of superb images! You should be pleased with them, the Saturn is particularly good, thanks for sharing them.

Thanks.. yes, I'm quite happy with the result.

Archived