Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

50 hours in dusty Cepheus.

ollypenrice

Two panels, the lower one from last year. The top one was from this week, with guests, but Tom remembered that he also had a good dose of Shark Nebula data so that went in as well. The lower panel is Ha OIII LRGB for the supernova remnant and planetary nebula while the top is only LRGB. About 50 hours, dual Tak FSQ106N/Atik 11000/SXVH36/Mesu 2000.

This time I went for an honest colour, resisting the temptation to try to make the Shark look like an emission nebula! The three VDB objects are, 149, 150 and 152. The PN is G111.0+11.6 (catchy name) and the SNR is ... I've forgotten!!!

Olly, Tom and guests.

HaOIIILRGB%20vDb149%20150152%2050%20Hrs-

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ChrisLX200 said:

Lovely image and processing! Only available from an excellent dark site I suspect - can you say what length those LRGB subs were?

ChrisH

Thanks Chris. I do think this is a dark sky target, really. L were 15 mins, RGB were 10 mins and the narrowband subs were half an hour. This is at F5.3.

Olly

Was it just me who imagined olly pitching this to his guests scraping his nails down a blackboard. 

"Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go." 

..... No? 

O well fantastic image anyway!!! 

That shark is a new for me and it's amazing. 

Archived