Correct placement of the heated dew shield/strip

Was wondering what is the best way to place the heated dew shield on Skymax 127. 127 has a white bit at the front where the meniscus is, should the heated portion of the dew shield go over that white bit, or just below it, on the tube? I see only pictures of dew strips on SCT and there the strip is placed at the very top end of the tube. Does it make sense that the meniscus encasing on Mak is made of metal? (I guess the meniscus is still insulated from it, so should one actually heat the very end of the OTA so that the air raises into the meniscus?)

Members have differing opinions on where to place the heater, and they all seem to work, I have taped mine on the inside of the dew shield just in front of the corrector plate. This has been fine for the six or so years and as it is fixed in place I have never forgotten to put it on.

Archived