SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Chap

carnageg

Hello all!

I swore by accident on my first post so i'm trying again!

Just bought a Celestron 130eq last week and I'm brand new to the sky stuff, very little idea of what I'm doing so I figured this was a good place to start. Can't wait for the clouds to clear and get a good view of something exciting. Had an eyeful of Altair and a very blurred Mars on my first attempt. Need to get out of the city and avoid the LP.

Cheers all.

Welcome to SGL! The hobby is great, people here are great and fun and konw loads of stuff so don't be afraid to ask. 

As time passes by you will learn new things and be able to answer to the newcomers here! It's amazing. My advice is to have patience, pursue dark skies and good company  and learn the sky map quickly :p 

Welcome to the forum.  These guys are a great help.  They have already answered several questions for me in my short stint here. 

I have the same scope and the clouds have been a nightmare for me as well.  It's a pain toting all of the equipment out in hopes the clouds will have moved out by nightfall.  Never know unless you try. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived