Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

emyliano2000

Hello from Watford, Herts UK

Hello everybody!

Last week I finally bought a telescope to see the stars and planets a little bit closer. I am a complete newbie in astronomy reason why the telescope is only a beginners one. After I bought the scope I started to google for help and advice and most of the times the SGL website came up first so I decided to join.

I'm really happy I finally took on this hobby and looking forward to be a part of this lovely community.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Hi and welcome to SGL  - I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Dave. I bought the Sky-Watcher Skyhawk-114, 114mm (4.5") f/1000 Catadioptric Newtonian Reflector.

I don't know how good it is. I didn't do any research before I decided to buy it. I might have rushed into it but the reviews and the price were quite good.

I just hope I will be able too see something with it. I'm planning to upgrade the eyepieces and get some good filters too. Meade 5000 HD-60 12mm is on the way.

Hi and welcome. Now you've been bitten by the astronomy bug there is no going back! Enjoy the views! :) 

Hello!  

Welcome to the hobby and to the SGL.  Have you found your local Astronomy Club or Society?  They will provide a great deal of advice and 'hands on' opportunities to try out both your and their, 'scopes.  

You might also find a book called "Turn Left At Orion" of great use and you might also want to download a free piece of software for the PC/Laptop/Mac called "Stellarium" (www.stellarium.org).

They'll keep you busy during the summer months!

Have fun...

Welcome to the SGL from California. And +1 vote for Turn Left at Orion. I use this book almost everyday...even when I don't observe I just love flipping through it and learning something new.

Welcome to the forum from another newbie.  These guys have been awesome with my questions.

Edited by cpittman35