Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

MattJenko

All hail the 10" Dob

My experiment to try using my 250px as a jack of all trades seems to have taken a decent step forwards. This is M12, taken using an AzEQ6 with a 250px on top last night. It is taken with an Atik 414ex camera with ZWO RGB filters. 12 x 2 mins for each channel. Guided with an ST80 on top, which does look rather cute.

Still lots to work on, like some curvature and coma, and looking a the image here, the background is a little all over the shop, but enjoying the process. It is a hefty tricky setup though.

M12_250px.jpg

Edited by MattJenko
  • Like 15

Thanks guys. Been working on this since and will post a more polished version later. 

wow well done Matt very nice image and it looks like the mount can handle the weight.

That is an image with a lot to say. I admire the hell out of it.

Olly

Great star colour and well resolved to the core - Nothing to not like about this image :)

Looks like you have the beast under your control

cracking image, well done Matt

Paul

Thank you all for the very complimentary comments. They are very much appreciated. I have done a bit of fiddling with the image and it is now a little less noisy, but ultimately the same image:

M12_250px-L.jpg

Last night I gave the coma corrector a go and decided on a project, seeing as things look good. Curvature and coma are better, but still some tilt. This is 2 hours of Red only data. I have a feeling this one won't be finished for quite some time....

M27_R.jpg

• Like 4