Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

57 frame animation of surface today, 6th June

Iainp

I've tried not to overcook this one. 57 frames captured from 11.13 to 11.52 this morning. I also tried to use a flat to get rid of dust bunnies, which I think has worked a bit but still an annoying one at the top. 

Other issues: I couldn't get ImPPG to align these, then eventually realised it was due to the original stacking in AS!2.  The "expand" box was ticked, leaving black edges to the frames , which confused ImPPG. Redoing the whole batch with the "cropped" box ticked sorted that. Also sometimes ImPPG seems to save images as greyscale, so they have to be converted to RGB before colour can be added.  

Iain 

6th gifd1big.gif

Sensational.  I really admire the patience of you chaps who do these animations.  I tried processing some of my sun videos from yesterday.  A painfully slow process.

Thanks guys. Yes, I think I exterminated a couple of bunnies but this one got through. :bunny:  Steve, yes it can be time consuming, but with batch processing it's pretty quick when it goes right. The one I'm just going to post took about 40 minutes in post processing, but half that time was waiting for the computer to do its magic: 58 frames dragged into the 'open' box in AS!2, then set up processing for one and it automatically does the others. Same in ImPPG, and in GIMP batch processing and done! 

Iain 

Archived