Webcam Cleaning Kit

After a long battle I have finally got the sensors clean on three webcams, using IP and cotton buds. Trouble is, they do leave bits of hair behind.

Can anyone suggest a likely source of what I would describe as 'lint-free cotton buds'? - or even something suitable for wrapping round the end of a cotton bud.

I use one of these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=604569&gclid=CNjS4rWrks0CFUQbgQodMq4NeA&Q=&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677562%2C&is=REG&A=details

It works through the principle of activated-charcoal, which absorbs things like grease & water-stains - leaving no residue behind in it's wake. Made by the same people as LensPen - Park Optical in Canada.

Dave

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 16:42, Stub Mandrel said:

After a long battle I have finally got the sensors clean on three webcams, using IP and cotton buds. Trouble is, they do leave bits of hair behind.

Can anyone suggest a likely source of what I would describe as 'lint-free cotton buds'? - or even something suitable for wrapping round the end of a cotton bud.

Personally I would use a pentax micro fibre cloth they don't leave hairs  like buds do, there soft, and with some kind of fluid do remove dust bunnies, though it can take a while to get right, its best to clean while looking on the laptop live, to see the result, never tried a pen, though I may try sometime to see how good they are

Archived