Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

EASYLEE

what to look for?

hi all iam setting the kit up tonite !

iam based in nottingham uk with celestron 80ed and a cannon 450d and goto mount 

can anyone suggest a few easy things to spot as seem to be panning the sky latley and finding nothing ! or if anybody has a list of objects that are easier to see or photograph

ps iam still very much a newbie

thanks all lee 

Well, Lee it's getting into the summer solstice which means there isn't much darkness in the sky so you do not have much time to image.

if you really want to image, maybe try M13 which is a globular cluster. If you have an astro modded DSLR, try some nebula in Cygnus like NGC 7000 or NGC 6888.

Seb

thanks i will try both the nebula tonite a try iam at the stage where my quality of pictures does not matter at all to me yet just any image i can blow up a little ans see something is enough for me lol i captured the ring nebula (i think) a few week ago it was so small i thought it was a star till i blew it up ! i havant slept since ...... carnt wait to get an image of something else 

thanks

• Like 1