Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is this a bargain or something wrong

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything looks really cheap, I think I paid around 900 for an Equinox 120 second hand! The Celestron Evolution C8 for just over a grand isn't bad either.

Like you say, can this be real? Does seem a bit fishy being that cheap!

The scope prices on their site are all over the place. Some that look like bargains (inc the Equinox 120) and some that seem expensive.

Rather odd :icon_scratch:

Might be worth an e.mail to see if they actually have them in stock and for those prices. The 14" flextube dob seems a bargain at £510 !

I just put the 14" dob I mentioned above in the shopping basket and got another discount of £100+ !!!!

So a new Skywatcher 14" flextube dob for £400 plus a bit for delivery ???. Hmmmm.....

2 minutes ago, John said:

I just put the 14" dob I mentioned above in the shopping basket and got another discount of £100+ !!!!

So a new Skywatcher 14" flextube dob for £400 plus a bit for delivery ???. Hmmmm.....

Alarm bells if you ask me John. The goto version 14" is priced at 510, whilst the usually cheaper manual 14" is priced at 1033???? 

Now they are knocking money off at the till?

Does seem like a pretty dodgy site. 

Last time I saw prices like those (ie not just cheap but all over the place) it turned out to be a very dodgy business based in Indonesia which had ripped a lot of people off. Need to check up on this before any bank details given.....

I would run away very fast if I were you Mick, quite likely to be a scam site. Knocking money off at the till is just a way to try to get you to part with your money, which will disappear very quickly I imagine!

The website (which is the same as that being used for various other companies, even down to the same staff, but with different names) has a trust rating of 5% on scam advisor. They've also been rumbled on other forums - hotukdeals and others. 

Damn - I fancied a £500 120 Equinox. 

Doing a "whois" on their domain name gives:-

$ jwhois levaretech.com

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]

[Redirected to whois.wildwestdomains.com]

[Querying whois.wildwestdomains.com]

[whois.wildwestdomains.com]

Wildwest domains... seriously? Are they having a laugh?

21 minutes ago, faulksy said:

says on there site they are in Cheshire (congleton) ?

The address given is a residential address - actually just 100yds away from where my grandparents lived on Boundary Lane, Congleton :-)

ChrisH

6 hours ago, ChrisLX200 said:

The address given is a residential address - actually just 100yds away from where my grandparents lived on Boundary Lane, Congleton :-)

ChrisH

Sorry yes,my mistake.

But staying well clear.

Mick.

Glad to see you're all staying clear of buying from Levaretech.

I can confirm that this lot should be avoided. My parents ordered a TV from them recently and were lucky to not lose their money. The day after placing the order, they received an email stating that the company was having some technical issues with their 3D Secure implementation and that it is causing them problems processing certain credit card types. They then proceeded to request that my parents use TransferWise to send them the money instead... to an international bank account registered in Benidorm, of all places! Very dodgy indeed!

The team info on the website is all fake... the text appears to have been ripped from another site and the photos are stock images. Furthermore I am not completely convinced that the people in Congleton have anything to do with this website (I'm still looking into that bit).

Archived