What's wrong with my camera?

cuivenion

These images are unprocessed stills from RAW8 avi's I took with my colour Altair GPCAM. They are what I see on the preview screen with the Debayer Preview on, there's obviously way to much green and this makes post processing very difficult particularly on Jupiter which is impossible to correct.

It has been like this for my last few outings, and I'm wondering if it's a probem with the camera or a problem with Sharpcap. I've messaged the creator of Sharpcap to get his take on it, I'm really hoping I don't have to take the camera back.

The only processing done with the images is to debayer them.

Saturn.png

Mars.png

Jupiter.png

19 minutes ago, cuivenion said:

These images are unprocessed stills from RAW8 avi's I took with my colour Altair GPCAM. They are what I see on the preview screen with the Debayer Preview on, there's obviously way to much green and this makes post processing very difficult particularly on Jupiter which is impossible to correct.

It has been like this for my last few outings, and I'm wondering if it's a probem with the camera or a problem with Sharpcap. I've messaged the creator of Sharpcap to get his take on it, I'm really hoping I don't have to take the camera back.

The only processing done with the images is to debayer them.

Saturn.png

Mars.png

Jupiter.png

Looks to me like your colour balance is quite off, there should be controls to adjust colour on the capture software

if you go to registax and click RGB balance then auto balance it will re adjust the balance, as shown here. its showing green and blue as too high.

this is how it should look straight out of autobalance Registax  Hope the info helps

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies. Stub that works quite well for Mars and Saturn but not for Jupiter. To be fair though the planets should not be showing like this in the live view unless there's a problem.

The problem is the same in RGB24 mode, but I can auto-adjust the white balance to fix the problem. Unfortunately theres no white balance adjustment button in either of the RAW modes. This is a recent problem though, my first shots of Saturn and Jupiter didn't have this problem.

Archived