SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

3 Generations, 3 Planets - Great Little Session

Just been down the garden with my son and two grandsons (5 and 2).  We managed to get a good view of Jupiter (plus bands and moons) before it vanished behind trees.

Then Mars - in a good position.

Finally Saturn (plus Titan) after it emerged from behind a house.  

Son and elder grandson were particularly impressed with all this - especially Saturn.  A most rewarding session, which will long remain in all our memories!

Doug.

Nice.  Them moments can make a difference.  I find it almost nice the way the planets rotate about the sky each taking their turn.

A few nights ago my 5 year old asked me to wake him up when Saturn became visible.

Dutifully I watched a bit of Netflix while the scope sat out back acclimating to the temperature.  Eventually I went out and set up a stool and targeted Saturn then woke up the boy.  He was in and out in a minute lol.  I know he enjoyed it because he told his friends and his teacher but man, he had a quick view.

Archived