SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars & Saturn 29 May 2016

MarsG76

Hello Astronomers,

After a 5 month break from imaging due to moving house, I managed to setup the gear and get a couple of images that (I think) are worth sharing.

These are quick processes of the data captured, but I'm happy enough with them to share.

I'll spend some more time processing the data later and if it's an improvement I'll reshare the pics.

Thank for looking,

Mariusz

Mars F20 29May2016_23h00m.jpg

Saturn F20_29May2016.JPG

16 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

Very pleasing indeed.  Goes to show how much more there is to see with imaging rather than plain visual.  (Albeit indirectly!)

Thanks, from a fellow 8SE owner,

Doug.

Imaging definitely shows more than observing, something to do with stacking hundreds of frames and wavelet processing. That said observing has its benefits and there is something "WOW" in seeing the planets live through the eyepiece on a clear night that imaging can not match.

That night I saw plenty of detail on Mars through a 7mm LV eyepiece and the 13mm TV and the neodymium and contrast booster filters.

One thing for sure is that our NexStar 8SE SCTs are very capable telescopes.

On 31/05/2016 at 09:57, Tzitzis said:

I think this is the best Mars image I 've seen on SGL. Well done. Saturn is great too.

Same here - quite amazing - well done :)

Archived