Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

piprees

Problems with Registax

Just started planetary imaging with a QHY 5-11, SW200p on a NEQ6. Captured with SharpCap 2.8 and processed in Rgistax. Got 300 frames of Jupiter a few nights ago then about 300 of Saturn on Sunday about 11.30. I then got 1000 frames of Saturn about 2.00 but for some reason Registax then started playing up. The video wouldn't 'play', the  display was stuck on first image, then all sorts of gremlins started messing about with alignment and stacking. Could this be because it's a larger file? Any advise will be gratefully received.

I've tried to upload the images that I managed to process but please be kind if it hasn't worked!!!first jupiter.jpgsame better saturn jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

I've had this same issue with SharpCap.  Try playing the file in Windows Media Player.  The issue is the file (and by extension SharpCap).  Registax will be fine.

Thanks Gnomus. It works fine in windows media player, I've tried it with registax 5 only to find 'file cannot be loaded'. The others work alright with it though. Strange...

My only other suggestion then would be to try AS!2 (AutoStakkert).

A lot of folks prefer to use AS2 for the stacking and then take the TIFF into Registax for wavelet sharpening.  Glad I could offer something useful - that very rarely happens.

And I should apologise for jumping to the wrong initial diagnosis.

Edited by gnomus
  • Like 1