SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Crosses, Scorpions and Lions

baggywrinkle

The second and third images are totally unprocessed as my work PC does not have PS, nor am I allowed to put it on. Shot on a Lumix Micro 4/3rds camera at ISO1600 for 13 secs.

Been out in Pilanesburg National Park in South Africa. Potentially a great place for wide field AP, but sadly even at the Lodge I stayed at LP was an issue....

The Southern Cross looked as lovely as usual with the Coal Sack close by. Scorpio was a gem with two planets adding to its glory, Saturn and Jupiter....sorry about Leo..actually a female Leo who ran alongside the safari truck.

I left a suggestion with the Lodge owners that they reduce their lighting levels at night, I also nearly got a soaking as their irrigation system sprays came on at 23:00!

P1020885.JPG

P1020908.JPG

P1020918.JPG

9 hours ago, tbrookes3890 said:

Fantastic pics! What's it like stargazing in the southern hemisphere? My girlfriend is from Zambia and she soon is  going to take me to see her family there and yes we are planning on stargazing?

If you can get away from the towns and cities then the skies are huge. Sadly light pollution is creeping in in many areas in Southern Africa.

I was visiting on business so not too much time to explore other areas.

Archived