sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_3.thumb.jpg.30e9b298c34c80517e8b443ce153fce3.jpg

Pacing Up & Down

I know we all love buying new astro gear but the wait on the expected day of delivery is agonising:happy7: Every delivery van I glimpse and I am at the window thinking it is for me. What makes it worse is my next door neighbour seems to get packages by the millions and I keep thinking they are coming here.

The nightmare scenario is that it is a bank holiday and if it doesn't come today it will be Tuesday :Envy: and there's more...I am on a training course next week and have to leave home on Monday evening so I may not see the kit until next Friday.  I hope I haven't done a Murray Walker special and put the kiss of death on it turning up this morning.

Edited by Pig
  • Like 2

Thank you Calvin..... I was up at 5 waiting !!!!!! heaven knows why :hello: I bet Patch thought "why am I getting walkies this early"

1 hour ago, Pig said:

I know we all love buying new astro gear but the wait on the expected day of delivery is agonising:happy7: Every delivery van I glimpse and I am at the window thinking it is for me. What makes it worse is my next door neighbour seems to get packages by the millions and I keep thinking they are coming here.

The nightmare scenario is that it is a bank holiday and if it doesn't come today it will be Tuesday :Envy: and there's more...I am on a training course next week and have to leave home on Monday evening so I may not see the kit until next Friday.  I hope I haven't done a Murray Walker special and put the kiss of death on it turning up this morning.

I know the feeling mate! I don't have much money at the moment and I was like that just for my celestron upclose g2 10X50s! Goodness knows what I'd do if I was waiting for your nice gear! ?

• Like 1

I know the feeling well, Shaun. I work away from home a lot and often get texts from my wife saying "another large box has arrived". Knowing I can't open it for days can be very stressful :crybaby2:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, tbrookes3890 said:

I know the feeling mate! I don't have much money at the moment and I was like that just for my celestron upclose g2 10X50s! Goodness knows what I'd do if I was waiting for your nice gear! ?

I am starting to wonder if it will actually come today as I was on the understanding it would be here yesterday, I have no idea who the couriers are and the shop is closed. It doesn't matter what gear it is as the waiting effect is the same :happy7:

1 minute ago, DRT said:

I know the feeling well, Shaun. I work away from home a lot and often get texts from my wife saying "another large box has arrived". Knowing I can't open it for days can be very stressful :crybaby2:

LoL Derek..... I guess I should know better by now but the skies are looking good for tonight :drunken_smilie:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pig said:

I guess I should know better by now but the skies are looking good for tonight :drunken_smilie:

So, come on, put us all out of our misery and tell us what is (or isn't) currently sitting in a white van en route to Northampton? :wink:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tinker1947 said:

Its a Saturday, if its not Royal Mail or may be Parcel Force, i think the rest need a extra payment for Saturday deliveries....???

Yes that's what I was thinking ..... I may just go to the steam room instead of waiting in just for nothing to arrive :happy7: 

4 minutes ago, DRT said:

So, come on, put us all out of our misery and tell us what is (or isn't) currently sitting in a white van en route to Northampton? :wink:

Believe it or not its your fault Derek, after seeing the solar views through your 150 & the Quark I had to get a bigger refractor and a goto mount. I didn't go quite as big as the 150 but went for the 110mm Starwave and whilst I was looking I was tempted by the new Ioptron AZ pro.... so £1.8k later :hello:

• Like 1
Just now, Pig said:

Believe it or not its your fault Derek, after seeing the solar views through your 150 & the Quark I had to get a bigger refractor and a goto mount. I didn't go quite as big as the 150 but went for the 110mm Starwave and whilst I was looking I was tempted by the new Ioptron AZ pro.... so £1.8k later :hello:

As ever, I am glad to be of assistance in helping people spend their hard earned money on astro kit :lol:

Perhaps I should be getting commission from the astro shops :icon_scratch:

• Like 1
Just now, Joe12345 said:

So lets hope extra hard that it doesn't arrive today and keep it that way!

You wouldn't believe just how sunny it is here ATM, at least I have my peashooter Esprit and Quark to look through :happy7:

1 minute ago, DRT said:

As ever, I am glad to be of assistance in helping people spend their hard earned money on astro kit :lol:

Perhaps I should be getting commission from the astro shops :icon_scratch:

Yes why not indeed ...... and maybe you should have collected it and brought it here for me :happy6:

• Like 1

It's a strange feeling isn't it ?

I missed the courier when my Tak FC100DL was delivered and had to wait another 24 hours for the re-delivery. It was agony :rolleyes2:

I'm sure you will enjoy it all the more when it does arrive :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2
Just now, John said:

It's a strange feeling isn't it ?

I missed the courier when my Tak FC100DL was delivered and had to wait another 24 hours for the re-delivery. It was agony :rolleyes2:

I'm sure you will enjoy it all the more when it does arrive :icon_biggrin:

LoL .... it sure is John...... I know what ..... I will go and wash / wax the car to take my mind off it :happy7:

I may not respond to any posts for half an hour or so, so to anyone that posts in the thread please do not think I am being rude