Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Frustration, frustration....

Caz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you still have all your fingers this morning Caz. Have you counted them to make sure. Your enthusiasm must have come flooding back when you got M3. :lol: I spent all evening trying to get Saturn to come into focus but the seeing was having none of it. I didn't even bother looking for Messiers with the moon so bright and the amount of cloud around, even with the goto I don't think I would have seen much. TBH Caz, when I do go Messier hunting I would like to try under my own steam like you rather than use the goto. The goto will be great when I just want to get on and take images.

Hope you get your Gemini sorted.

Martin

Caz, thinking about your problems last night. When the moon is so bright why don't you get your drawing pad out. It was spell binding last night. I haven't got a moon map yet so haven't a clue what I am looking at but I am amazed at how much there is to take it. It's also seems like a great way to soothe the mind

Martin

Caz

Galileo - use it to get in the right area, and then the 9x50 to fine tune your position. I've been using mine the last couple of nights and it works a treat.

Moon filter - what strength is it? A ND13, ND25? If you have both, use both together!!

Caz

Galileo - use it to get in the right area, and then the 9x50 to fine tune your position. I've been using mine the last couple of nights and it works a treat.

Moon filter - what strength is it? A ND13, ND25? If you have both, use both together!!

Daz,

I have a moon & skylow filter, plus a normal moon filter, I've screwed the lp in the ep and dropped the moon filter in the barlow, and its worked, I'm not blinded by the moon... 8)

As for the Galileo, still not aligned it, I'm in a good mood so I don't want to spoil that by farting around with it tonight! Infact I think I may have buggered it up altogether.... :?

Caz thats the right idea. Enjoy the observing, fix the Galileo tommorrow.

Don't worry about the Galaxies either, from my site in London I have never seen them. The Globulars are much easier and you can tease some star details out of them.

I hope you do get to see M65 etc but always have an alternative target that will be easier to observe.

If you can't see the Galaxies then that just means you have a good reason to book a dark sky holiday location :lol:

Cheers

Ian

even with the filter on, its still far too bright for me.... :lol: Flippin eck' don't I whinge?.... :?

Seriously, make or get an aperture mask. If you want, have your kids decorate the front of the aperture mask so it looks like a face, with the hole for a mouth. It saves having to change filters each time you change ep, but the idea of using one in the barlow is good.

Or, you could always buy a smaller telescope. I don't find the moon to be too bright through mine. :p

Yeah, come to think of it, you do whinge... :D:( :( :p

Archived