Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
GuLinux

My "last" Mars

Hi,

I'd like to share with you a picture I took a few days ago, with Mars still approaching opposition [shoot details here]

I know the image itself is not great, but unfortunately, I won't be able to take any more, for now... my telescope mount and eyepieces/camera suitcase were stolen a few days after that :(

60_mars_ir20160518_012354_192_CEST_pipp_g2_ap97_registax+giimp+darktables-scaled-cc.png

• Like 7

Think its a really nice image,  some nice detail in it. Really sorry to hear about the equipment, hope it turns up or can be replaced if insured.

Wow, really bad luck that! Wish you can recover what was stolen or worst case scenario have money to get back what you want or even get a better selection.

That's horrible. I hope you are able to recover your property.

1 hour ago, GuLinux said:

Hi,

I'd like to share with you a picture I took a few days ago, with Mars still approaching opposition [shoot details here]

I know the image itself is not great, but unfortunately, I won't be able to take any more, for now... my telescope mount and eyepieces/camera suitcase were stolen a few days after that :(

I was liking the image - much better than mine, not your loss. i hope you were insured or in any case able to get up and running again soon.

Nice photo, and very sad news. I hope you get your old equipment back or eventually buy some new. Good luck!

Ps: same as Stub Mandrel, I liked your image, while regret your loss. 

Edited by Cinco Sauces

A fine image. but really bad news about your equipment.

Thanks everyone :)

Unfortunately no, no insurance, and I doubt I'll ever find my stuff again (I'm pretty sure they didn't even now what they were stealing, they just opened my car, and took whatever seemed valuable).

I won't be able to buy replacements for a while, mostly because I'm moving to London in a while, so I need to "stay light" :)

So sorry that happened to you. Don't worry; equip can be replaced. I'm glad you didn't get hurt.

Excellent image!

Regards,

Reggie

• Like 1

Lovely image :)  Terrible loss :(  Yes, hope you get you kit back :)