Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My "last" Mars

GuLinux

Hi,

I'd like to share with you a picture I took a few days ago, with Mars still approaching opposition [shoot details here]

I know the image itself is not great, but unfortunately, I won't be able to take any more, for now... my telescope mount and eyepieces/camera suitcase were stolen a few days after that :(

60_mars_ir20160518_012354_192_CEST_pipp_g2_ap97_registax+giimp+darktables-scaled-cc.png

1 hour ago, GuLinux said:

Hi,

I'd like to share with you a picture I took a few days ago, with Mars still approaching opposition [shoot details here]

I know the image itself is not great, but unfortunately, I won't be able to take any more, for now... my telescope mount and eyepieces/camera suitcase were stolen a few days after that :(

I was liking the image - much better than mine, not your loss. i hope you were insured or in any case able to get up and running again soon.

Nice photo, and very sad news. I hope you get your old equipment back or eventually buy some new. Good luck!

Ps: same as Stub Mandrel, I liked your image, while regret your loss. 

Thanks everyone :)

Unfortunately no, no insurance, and I doubt I'll ever find my stuff again (I'm pretty sure they didn't even now what they were stealing, they just opened my car, and took whatever seemed valuable).

I won't be able to buy replacements for a while, mostly because I'm moving to London in a while, so I need to "stay light" :)

Archived