Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
DeadDogsEye

Orion XT10i intelliscope help

Hi,  I was wondering if anyone has tricks or tips on aligning 2 stars with Orion Intelliscope. I'm not doing very well so far. Thanks!

Hi ,  I have an Orion XT8g which is the goto version and the 2 star alignment is a bit different than the Intelliscope but I have read the manual for it and it is very important that the scope base is dead level and the vertical stop is correctly adjusted for the system to have any accuracy.

How is your knowledge of the night sky, can you identify two bright stars to use for alignment that are on the controllers list of alignment stars, if not then you will need to get a good star atlas or planisphere and start to familiarise yourself the  constellations and the brighter stars in them. Also you can download  Stellarium on your PC or Mac, it's  free planetarium software that is very helpful to learn the night sky

I am sure there are many on here who own Intelliscopes that can give you more detailed advice on setting it up. Don't give up!

Edited by Warped Drive
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Greg6498
      Hello all!
      I just installed this Lacerta 1:10 Micro Transmission focuser on my 8” Skywatcher Dobsonian. It is a direct replacement for the stock focuser and works extremely well. I was surprised at how easy it was to install! Ordered it from 365Astronomy and got fast shipping.

• By Greg6498
      I need a a really accurate,easy to use collimating tool. I have a used laser collimator but it does not fit snugly in the focuser so I feel it’s not very accurate. The idea of collimating causes me some anxiety anyway, so accurate and easy is the key! Can any of you offer any suggestions to help me out?
    • By Greg6498
      WOW! Had a great view! Used my Pocket Sky Atlas to plan the night, then I just shot right out there! Saw the 7 Sisters (Pleiades), then hopped to the Orion Nebula! Used my ES 18 mm to find it then switched to the Morpheus 12.5 mm and could actually see wispy parts of the Nebula! ( I guess that’s what it was! LoL!) Really amazing! Called the wife out to take a look. Next I want to find Andromeda!
      Greg

• By Greg6498
      Hello all!
      I am mounting an Explore Scientific 8x50 Right Angle Erect Image Illuminated Finder Scope on my Skywatcher Dobsonian. The original Skywatcher mount only had one bolt hole. The Explore Scientific base requires two bolts. I was told to make sure to have the primary mirror cover in place and to place a cotton sock over the secondary mirror.
      My concern is drilling into the tube itself. Are there any other precautions I need to take so that that it doesn’t look like it was drilled by a bunch of Wallys? LoL!
      Greg

• By Floyd1995
      Hey guys. After many years of waiting, I've decided to finally go for my first telescope. Yet, today find myself stuck between two excellent entry-level options, so I'm looking for some help.
      Before I get straight to my questions, I'd like to share some information about what I'm expecting to do with the equipment (among other stuff). 
      - Objectives: Deep Sky, and some planetary observation. No interest in astrophotography, GoTo, or any other device (maybe/eventually in the future). 
      - Budget: Given complementary I'll be getting a 2x Barlow (SkyWatcher; achromatic), and a starguider laser collimator (1.25-2), these are my two best available options to fit on its range.
      - Light pollution: Low-Med. 
      Being that said, here are my questions:
      - Mount: After days of heavy research, so far hardly found a review about it; What do you guys think about the AZEQ AVANT type of mount?; Could it beat Dobsonians?; Would it be a better option in my case? and if so, why?
      - Conventional Tube vs Heritage's Compact Flex Tube: What are the differences (pros-cons) I can expect from one and the other? (despite no difference between mirrors and diameter).
      - Explorer 130P AZEQ AVANT (newbie question): Would it be possible to transport the whole structure armed from one spot to the other in my yard? 
      Any help/opinion welcomed. 
      Happy 2019! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.