Narrowband

Messier 27

toxic

this is a HA-OIII-OIII and RGB image of Messier 27 the Dumbell Nebula.

3 hours of rgb data and 3 hours and 20 mins of NB data last bit captured last night.

all CC welcome

Messier-27-H00-RGB-jpeg.jpg

thank you Paul it makes a big difference with led street lights now instead of the orange sodium lust 1 street light to go now and that's  the one above the obsy.

Nice image Chris,

I particularly like the nebula. For my taste, the stars are just too brightly colored, and I think there may be a slight yellow cast to the background. This is just a personal opinion and taste. I posted an image of M13 a week or so back and when I saw It on the forum I thought the same and hurried to reduce the star saturation whilst masking the cluster. Perhaps I have an optical allergy!

Pity we can't get the councils to do something about moonlight pollution, and cloud pollution as well while we are at it. :dontknow:

Cheers, Tim. 

1 hour ago, StargeezerTim said:

Nice image Chris,

I particularly like the nebula. For my taste, the stars are just too brightly colored, and I think there may be a slight yellow cast to the background. This is just a personal opinion and taste. I posted an image of M13 a week or so back and when I saw It on the forum I thought the same and hurried to reduce the star saturation whilst masking the cluster. Perhaps I have an optical allergy!

Pity we can't get the councils to do something about moonlight pollution, and cloud pollution as well while we are at it. :dontknow:

Cheers, Tim. 

how do's this look to you Tim i think i have removed the yellow cast but i cant really tell on my monitors.

Messier-27-H00-RGB-jpeg-new-2.jpg

1 hour ago, toxic said:

how do's this look to you Tim i think i have removed the yellow cast but i cant really tell on my monitors.

Messier-27-H00-RGB-jpeg-new-2.jpg

Looks better to my eyes Chris... there is more contrast and the background is slightly darker. I like it, the nebula 'pops' more and is more distinct from the background than the previous version. But the beauty of this is that others may disagree!

Really like the M27 image you've done a great job with the new improved images. It amazes me that we are now producing results as good as the large observatories- okay we may not have the image scale or detail but our renditions and colour balances are simply stunning- we are really pushing the boundaries of what we can achieve and for that we deserve great applause. A+++ to you all and I can't wait for the dark skies to be back!

Archived