sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

callisto about to transit

Unfortunately really poor seeing where I am. Jupiter boiling even at 90x and Mars even worse. Have just seen something shoot past Jupiter quickly though which was nice. Am going to have a think about what to look at next but it won't be a planet.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gavster said:

Unfortunately really poor seeing where I am. Jupiter boiling even at 90x and Mars even worse. Have just seen something shoot past Jupiter quickly though which was nice. Am going to have a think about what to look at next but it won't be a planet.

That'll be the Moon then, same terrible seeing here, not sure if it was Mars or someone juggling an orange :)

Dave

1 minute ago, Helen said:

:hello2:  seeing not bad really here...

Helen

PS just realised I missed my very small Mars window (chain saw anyone???)

2016-05-23-2216_3-L-1_g6_b3_ap4.jpg

Good looking image With the transit clearly visible.  My window is still half an hour away! 

I viewed it visually. Very tough to pick out that little black dot.

I was using a 4.7 mm eyepiece in a Heritage newt.

The dot whizzed a cross the disk. Not a long eclipse for those on Jupiter!

Mark

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarsG76
      Jupiter with two of its moons, Ganymede and Callisto, imaged with a Skyris 618C CCD through a 8" SCT at f33.
    • By MarsG76
      Hello
      Just sharing my latest Jupiter image.... Jupiter with two of its moons, Ganymede and Callisto, imaged with a Skyris 618C CCD through a 8" SCT at f33.
      Jupiter imaged taken on 17 July 2020 @ 15:56UTC.
      CS,
      MG

• By mikeyscope
      This planetary grouping from 20th March around 5.30am shows Saturn to the left with conjunction of Jupiter above & Mars below, sharp eyed may also see...  Io, Ganymede & Callisto in a string just right of Jupiter.
      Image taken from Lesmahagow, South Lanarkshire looking toward the SE.
      Pentax K1 / Pentax 67  165mm lens / Exp. 2 secs @f8 / iso 200
      Ioptron tracker at siderial.

• By Jonathan Rees
      iPhone picture taken April 15th from central Illinois, USA. 
      Not bad, all things considered. A few days later, I acquired a Celestron Solar Sustem Imager camera.

• By john86
      Callisto 1.5.17,  22.59. Cropped from a 480x480 AVI of Jupiter and processed on its own as an AVI, this way means it will be stacked on the moon and not the planet= no trail . I used Vdub to crop the AVI and enlarge then put it though PIPP to center, AS!2 to stack and Registax for sharpening & wavelets. 10" dob x3 barlow, asi 120 mcs camera hand tracked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.