Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar.thumb.jpg.ef4882eb5fb3610f8a68e5e6913de0e3.jpg

Fey

Astronomy clubs near Truro

Fey    10

Hi all,

I will be moving to Cornwall form London in mid - late June.  are there any astronomy clubs/meetings in or around the Truro area?  I have seen lots of posts regarding clubs in Cornwall, but non of them seem that recent.  I am a relative newbie to the subject, having got my first telescope around 6 months ago.

DavidJM    41
On 5/22/2016 at 16:01, Fey said:

Hi all,

I will be moving to Cornwall form London in mid - late June.  are there any astronomy clubs/meetings in or around the Truro area?  I have seen lots of posts regarding clubs in Cornwall, but non of them seem that recent.  I am a relative newbie to the subject, having got my first telescope around 6 months ago.

Hi There,

how did the move go and did you join a local club?

ronin    3,718

In case you didn't find one/any there are 5 listed: http://www.astronomyclubs.co.uk/Clubs/Default.aspx?CountyId=18

Not sure all are still going. And I do know Callington is a fair way off of Truro - it is a bit North of Plymouth.

Used to be a small shop in Truro past the museum that sold scopes, mainly photographic however I think. They may be a source of information.