sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

May 19th - White Light - Better than nothing - just!

Well, you can't say I didn't warn you, but as no-one else has posted anything today so far perhaps everyone's conditions are as bad as mine.  :icon_biggrin:  Two pics taken through layers of cloud, and these are the best I obtained!  Better than the weather forecast indicated though, which said I shouldn't have seen anything.

Single frames taken with Equinox 80, Lunt H Wedge and Olympus E-M10. A x2 barlow was used for the closer shot of AR2546.  Taken at 11.28 am and 11.46 am on 1/1250 and 1/640 at 200 asa.

P5190805a.jpgP5190932a.jpg

• Like 4

as you say Paul, better than nothing,
unfortunately at the moment i will have to settle for nothing,:hmh: to much cloud to be able to see anything,

James

• Like 1
3 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

100% better than nothing Paul, and a 100% better than i did thismorrning mate. thanks charl.

Thanks Charl, it's pouring with rain here now!

44 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Do you ever go up to The Astronomy Centre nr Todmorden?

Hi Paul

It's a place i keep meaning to visit, but have not done so yet,  i have  heard many good reports about it,

have you ever been there?

James

52 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Shane.  That's  a cracking drawing, I'm glad you had  a view, all be it not as good as you might wish.

cheers Paul

Just glad to get something to keep my run going on day six!

Amazingly the 30 minutes when the sun was at least visible was over lunchtime!

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, JemC said:

Hi Paul

It's a place i keep meaning to visit, but have not done so yet,  i have  heard many good reports about it,

have you ever been there?

James

Yes James, I've been a member for many years and go up regularly.  Well worth a visit whatever kind of astronomy you're interested in.  (telescopes up to 30 inches aperture) All are welcome on any Saturday night, and if it's sunny come up in the afternoon after around 1pm ( sometimes a little later) and there will inevitably be a number of solar scopes in use.  Peter Drew who runs TAC is a fellow solar enthusiast which you may know. There is a fine 6inch PST Mod, which Peter constructed, which is in regular use and several others.  If you go to the website there is a location map of the site, showing parking areas etc. 

http://www.astronomycentre.org.uk/

If you need any more information please feel free to send me a PM.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Nice to get a view, unfortunately my forecast was spot on.

Dave

Thanks Dave.  Wouldn't you credit it, the one time you want the forecast to be wrong and it's right!  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1