Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M17 - Omega / Swan Nebula

Roy Batty

This was last nights target for me, it lies fairly low down to my south east which made it quite tricky with the gusty wind so out of 93 subs I ended chucking about half due to the wobbles. However I knew that what was going to be useable was good stuff. :)

So here's the details: Prime focus DSLR, 46 X 70 sec subs, unguided, no filtering.

cheers

RB

M17 - Omega / Swan Nebula 26th Jun 2008

6818_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

thanks for the comments guys :)

Continuing on with an avian theme I've got a single shot of the Wild Duck Cluster (M11) which I took at the end of this session - I'll probably be posting that later this evening.

cheers

RB

Blimey what a great new toy!!!! - I'm refering to Pixinsight LE, all I can say is wow and thanks muchly to Yfronto for providing the link to this great bit of software (see his post in the Complexity of Imaging the Veil thread).

I went through the Dynamic Background Extraction (DBE) tutorial using my M17 as a working example and the results are in my opinion fantastic.

I'd like to know what others think to get some objectivity, but let's just say I'm one happy bunny :lol:

RB

M17 - Omega / Swan Nebula - Pixinsight LE Reprocess

6830_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

And once again with levels tweaked to reduce the slight green tinge :)

6834_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I had a bit of spare time on my hands this afternoon and had a go at your swan in isolation from the background as I thought I could actually see a swan in there rather than a duck as is usually the case with me. :)

Anyhow,having got bored with the old bird I merged the layers and applied a bit of contrast and saturation........... the result quite astonished me :lol:.......... loads of detail and colour............ Thought "I wonder if Roy realises what a cracker he's got there?" "I can see a Swan,beak'n all!" :lol:(if I look really close.)

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Thanks for the re-work CW, had another play with it myself - there's obviously quite a few different colour / tonal & detail variations possible from the data - hope this one still looks like a swan and not a duck! :)

RB

6919_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

- there's obviously quite a few different colour / tonal & detail variations possible from the data - hope this one still looks like a swan and not a duck! :)

RB

Yes indeed................. here's another! :lol:

Cheers

CW

Ooooo! It appears to have sunk!

No,thar she blows!

Archived