SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M29 - 25th June 2008

Starflyer

I came home from my local astro society meeting last night, the sky was lovely and clear so I decided to try and image another open cluster, this time M29.

Taken with my Skywatcher 130PM, SC1 webcam, 31 x 15 second subs with 6 darks, staked in DSS and then some fumbling around in Photoshop.

6814_normal.jpeg

Ian

Thanks for all the kind comments :lol:

Another good 'un. Are the diffraction spikes from the secondary vanes, or did you add them? I'm always in two minds about whether I like them or not.

I added them Martin, initially they looked far too bright and really artificial so I used the burn tool to take them right back, maybe not enough or maybe I should have left them out. I'm just fumbling around at the moment, experimenting with different things to see what happens :)

Nice one Ian, last night was certainly worth taking advantage of (if you could :) ), Couldn't believe how steady and clear it was once the clouds started to move off.

Keep up the good work!

Hi Karlo, I didn't manage to get out the next night, it was forecast to clear up but was still raining here when I went to bed. 1 x late night = Ian dead on his feet for 2 or 3 days :lol: BTW are you up at Kielder this Autumn?

That image is certainly a lot prettier than my M29 a few weeks ago.......

Hi Mark, I didn't see your M29 and can't seem to find it using the search, did you post it?

Thanks again everyone,

Ian

Nice shot Ian, I'm usually not a great fan of the added diffreaction spikes, but in this case it definately adds to the feel of the shot IMO. Looking forward to your next picture posting.

Steve..

Archived