Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Spot - First time with the QHY5L-II

MarkyD

Just broke out the QHY on the 200D-PS for a first time play and this is the result.  Hard to see focus with the haze and glare from the screen :)  No where near as sharp or as good as some I have seen here but I feel my wallet will run for the hills and hide if I start looking at gear :)

Any advise on a filter that wouldn't break the bank that would bring out more definition etc.  I'm using a Baader solar filter at the front btw

0181.jpg

--

Mark

Very nice Mark.  I've used a combination of glass filters and various film (Mylar etc) for over 40 years on many different telescopes..  A couple of months ago I bought a used Lunt Herschel Wedge, the improvement both visually and photographically is immense.  I wish I'd bought one years ago.

5 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Very nice Mark.  I've used a combination of glass filters and various film (Mylar etc) for over 40 years on many different telescopes..  A couple of months ago I bought a used Lunt Herschel Wedge, the improvement both visually and photographically is immense.  I wish I'd bought one years ago.

I don't think I can use a wedge on the 200 as it's a reflector :(  I do have a Celestron 102SLT sitting in the corner though - would that be suitable?

--

Mark

Nice one Mark, still a pretty good shot even with the haze. I know exactly what you mean though RE haze / focus, a good trick is adjust the Black / White points for the preview screen, get a really good darkish looking screen preview & focus using that. With my PG if I left the screen at default it would be looking at a cameras Bias frame it's that hard to see anything.

Archived