AR2542-AR2543-13-05-16

Davey-T

9 hours ago, Drop Of Sun said:

Very nice! Oh, you are using 152mm of aperture? Is that with a Baader 35nm h-a filter as ERF? 6 inch frac sounds nice, is it a heavy beast?

Hi Luke, using the Baader 35nm ATM still saving for the front mounted ERF, It is pretty heavy to lift up onto the mount, just about manageable with the built in handle, leaving it permanently mounted in the garden for the "summer" :)

Dave

Nice!

I tried a 35nm h-a with my 120mm scope but it didn't work, it gave a white light-like view! But that was with my Quark that later went duff (giving a white light-like view...) so I wonder if it already had some kind of fault. I should have tried the 35nm with another Quark! Strange, that Quark at the time was fine as soon as I swapped back to UV/IR cut.

Are ye not tempted to stick with the cheapo 35nm?

50 minutes ago, Drop Of Sun said:

Nice!

I tried a 35nm h-a with my 120mm scope but it didn't work, it gave a white light-like view! But that was with my Quark that later went duff (giving a white light-like view...) so I wonder if it already had some kind of fault. I should have tried the 35nm with another Quark! Strange, that Quark at the time was fine as soon as I swapped back to UV/IR cut.

Are ye not tempted to stick with the cheapo 35nm?

Quark images look much the same through the 100mm refractor with IR/UV filter as the 152mm and 35nm HA just better detail in the 152.

What, and die with money in the bank ? :grin:

Dave

46 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Quark images look much the same through the 100mm refractor with IR/UV filter as the 152mm and 35nm HA just better detail in the 152.

What, and die with money in the bank ? :grin:

Dave

Lunt-Solar-Systems-Sonnenteleskop-Lunt-S

^^Thankfully I am immune to the above. I am quite certian. Most definitely! :D

2 minutes ago, Drop Of Sun said:

Lunt-Solar-Systems-Sonnenteleskop-Lunt-S

^^Thankfully I am immune to the above. I am quite certian. Most definitely! :D

I've been resisting getting a Ca-K module but it's on my list :)

Dave

Archived