Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

afternoon moon 13-5-16 17.00

xtreemchaos

Great work charl. 

BTW I was observing early last evening and while I was enjoying the view I thought "it's time charl came up with another day time image".  Incidentally as it was getting properly dark I was clouded out and it's been like that all day so no scope time tonight.

thanks Alan, yer mate its been a while, i was trying to get some shots lastnight too,at 1030pm i got 3 60sec subs of M5 and the clouds invaded,its looking good outside at the moment about 10% cloud, but i bet thay sneak in as soon as it gets dark.hope you get some clear sky.charl.

That's a nice Lunar shot Charl. It's showing good crater detail some way out away from the Terminator, very interesting. Hoping to get back out there for some lunar myself in the next couple of nights if weather allows too.

thanks Dave, i think its abit noisey, but with high cloud if id use NR id of lost alot of the detail, swings and roundabouts mate, hope you get some clear skys soon charl. ps grab a look at sol if you get the chance,theres a huge sunspot just coming on to the disc.

Cheers Charl. I did have a quick squiz in the Solar forum last night and did see the largish spot coming around from the edge on someone's post, however... the clouds won't let me play...

I'm actually set up now with a recently acquired Famisco Tommy semi-apo child's toy scope, trying to get some A-focal afternoon moon with small patches of clearish misty sky, it's not really happening though.

Archived