Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Heres an image from a few nights ago (8th) of a section of the Veil nebula. exposures were not as long as I would have liked due to cloud passing over, conditions were very average. This is a bi-colour image taken through the skywatcher mak Newtonian scope, an Atik 314L plus mono, with a 7 nm h-alpha filter, and an OIII filter. the h-alpha filter was 10 x 5 mins exposures, and the OIII filter was 9 x 5 mins.

Veil 8-5-16).jpg

• Like 8

That's a really nice image. I love the fine filaments. This is one of my favorite summer objects although the veil is positioned from my perspective under a sodium street light!

• Like 1

Thanks pyrasanth.............yeah its a great object. Many thanks for the comment...........mmm sodium street light, shotgun anyone??

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Thanks pyrasanth.............yeah its a great object. Many thanks for the comment...........mmm sodium street light, shotgun anyone??

I would amend your comment- perhaps to "I hope the bulb goes out..." as you will fall foul of the moderators!

15 hours ago, pyrasanth said:

That's a really nice image. I love the fine filaments. This is one of my favorite summer objects although the veil is positioned from my perspective under a sodium street light!

Narrow-Band is your friend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Narrow-Band is your friend.

it's my best friend.....I danced with her all night!

• Like 1

Very nice! :)

Seeing fantastic bicolors like this i realize I have so much to learn about narrowband processing... But maybe one day... :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.