SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Veil Nebula

steppenwolf

I have been dying to try out my new camera on a nebula but as we all know to our cost, the conditions have just not been good enough recently! However, tonight, it was reasonably clear with just a little bit of cloud dodging required - although that 'pesky' Moon made an unwelcome appearance half way through my session! The following image of part of the Veil Nebula is made up of 18 X 400 second subs. taken with my SXVF-M25C and Skywatcher 80ED.

veil_nebula_250608_l.jpg

An 'acceptable' first go with the new camera Steve :mrgreen: . Excellent picture joking aside. It's a pity about all them stars spoiling the view of the nebulosity though! That's an exceptionally widefield view you get with your imaging setup.

Can't wait to see further results.

Steve..

Hi Steve,

What a lovely shot. As Steve says (so your names not Bruce then? :grin: ) the FOV is huge, the chip must be massive. Or you're using a FR of some sort.

Excellent image,

Ant

That's a corker of an image Steve especially with the midsummer sky and moon. Were you using any filtration? Really pleased to see that you are now properly up and running with the camera.

the FOV is huge, the chip must be massive. Or you're using a FR of some sort.

The sensor is 23.4mm x 15.6mm (6Mpixel) and the focal length of the Refractor is 600mm - this gives me a FOV of 2 deg 14 min by 1 deg 29 min.

Were you using any filtration? Really pleased to see that you are now properly up and running with the camera.

I always use a Hutech IDAS LP filter. I am finally happy with the camera having adjusted the anti-blooming circuitry myself - it has been a bit (!!) of an uphill struggle to get the camera to perform as I want it to but I believe it is now functioning correctly so it is down to me now, can't blame the camera any more!

Hi Steve

That is a nice start with the M25C camera, you must be pleased with it, I am just waiting until I get back off my Holidays to America before I tackle the Veil by which time it should just be clearing my house

Regards

Gordon

:)

Archived