SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

help with SBC2000 clone

Keltoi

hi  got a video camera of one of the other site members and have got it working with scope in daylight,  however at night all I seem to get is noise.

so wondering if anyone else uses this type camera and can share their settings with me please?

using Sharpcap

thanks in advance

Hi

I have the SDC435 - I suggest you set the exposure to manual, try and find the EX-UP setting, possibly in the exposure menu. This will be something like x2, x4, x64 x128. You are going to need long exposures to see anything.

Also look for the AGC setting - set this to High if possible.

If you have a manual for the camera, can you scan it as post it here or PM me and I'll take a look and see if I can help.

HTH

Paul

thanks DoctorD  

cant find the manual at moment  but did manage to get an image in nightime  ,  a lit up shop window about 1/2 mile away .

so def a good start thanks,  now just need a decent clear night and my laptop back off my son to try for real.

Archived