SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

No images from me but I just watched first contact through the Quark/Altair 152 and it was spectacular!

Mercury started the show by drifting across the base of a prom and then began eating into the Chromosphere. I checked in the Baader wedge and it wasn't visible in white light at this point. It is now well on its way :grin:

Hopefully someone will have a good picture of that first contact in Ha :wink:

Watching with LS60 and imaging with Quark, solar heaven if the clouds stay away, easier to see first contact visually rather than on screen, a daily transit would be great makes focusing easy :)

Dave

Saw first contact through Herschel wedge. Stunning. Now well on its way on the disk. Sorry I don't image but I am sure there will be plenty on the site later on. Sorry for all those clouded out.

Wow!

Thanks for posting the images, guys, they're really amazing! Hopefully I'll be able to see the next transit!!! :wink:

I made a new solar filter for the occasion, a full-aperture one made of Astro Solar film, hopefully I'll be able to use it for getting images of sunspot clusters this summer. 

John

Great selection of images and nice to see the outcome of using a quark which I have always wanted to look through. I have a lunt wedge and the weather window did not allow me to take time from work to look or image so very sad just hope to be around in 3 yrs time.

Dave your pics are mindbogglingly good!  Can you explain to me your set up in detail please as your pics have inspired me to move on from white light, i am unfamiliar with Ha and Quark.

Regards Carl

Archived