SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

32mmTV plossl/eyeguard extenders

Just a quick note- I rcvd my second 32mm TV plossl and the eyeguard extenders. The extenders are very well built and have transformed this eyepiece from annoying but VG to just very good. They are great and today the 32mm TV's/binos gave excellent sharp images from 25mm,14mm and 10.7mm ( roughly) using the Denk powerswitch. My mags are a bit more I think because I use an additional OCS extender and I havn't calc'd the extra length into the barlow yet.

Nice one Gerry, maybe I should give the 32 plossl another chance. I found eye placement to be absolutely critical last time around, is this what you mean by annoying ?

The "floating" eyerelief bothers me a lot and this caused the eye placement issues. The extenders work really well allowing the 32mm to strut its stuff. They should be factory installed on this particular EP, IMO.

I would use it mainly for use with the Quark Gerry ..... I used to have one and it worked very well indeed apart from it demanding statuesque head positioning :happy6: 

Same here with the eye placement being an issue - but the extender makes a big difference. It's the only eyepiece I have that will give me a full disc using the Quark.

The 32mm was generally all I used in the Quark, and I agree it was made mug better with the additional eyeguard extender. Don't forget that the Barlow effect of the Quark and presumably any OCS in the binoviewers will extend the eye relief even further.

Ive only used a 32mm GSO while observing. It was the work horse of my collection for scanning the night sky. It is also my favourite EP ive used. I agree that eye placement was an issue. I had to hover about an inch above the EP to see anything. Once you hit the sweet spot though........spectacular absorbing views.

Now i use a 30mm Vixen NPL. Sharper/most contrasty views and the eye relief suits me more. Most people dont get on with the eye relief of the NPL's. 

17 minutes ago, jetstream said:

Paul do you find the twist up eyecup raises enough? I need a 40mm something in 1.25".

I wear glasses all day every day but i never wear them while observing. On my NPL's i dont use the twist up cups........nor do i use them on my bins. I'm an eyeball to glass kind of guy.

Ive only used one 40mm EP........ Celestron E-Lux and i hated it. I felt like it was like looking through a tube of smarties. I bought it from a member here and i quickly passed it on to another member who was looking for a 1.25" 40mm EP.

Archived