Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nexstar Evolution boot loader serial invalid pkg 0080

My Nexstar Evolution handset just decided to give me this message  'boot loader serial invalid pkg 0080'. I assume there's a way to fix it. I got no wires or connections when the scope came so I have no idea how to hook it up to my laptop or which connection to buy.

Think you need to reload the software, fortunately I think that you can still load new software with that fault report.

Have a read of this on CN: http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/427335-bootloader-invalid-pkg-0080/

Reads that you need a cable and a USB-Serial, but be aware tht some USB-Serial's work others tend not to.

If you search for "boot loader serial invalid pkg 0080" in google you get a few references, suspect a few on SGL but the CN one appeared first. If you are in a club around the Liverpool area ask there s someone may have done it previously and someone may have an old PC with a serial port.

Archived