SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars Featured!

astroavani

a097704b9b44ee7c55e596d1d8da4275.620x0_q
The red planet is beginning to reveal its secrets, as we are getting near the opposition and the apparent diameter increases rapidly the details will be showing.
In this photo many formations are clearly visible; the Acidalium and Erythraeum Seas and the Sinus Meridiani, sabaeus, Margaritifer and Aurorae appear in highlight.
Many clouds over the south pole and a few flakes on the north pole, but what realemnete caught my attention was the small set of clouds in the form of flakes close to matching the 1hs limbo.
The deserts of Moab, Eden, Chryse and Tharsis with some peculiar formations such as Achilis fons, Idaeus Fon and Fon Juventae are easily visible.
Finally a picture that gives us idea of what we can expect closer to the opposition.
Text: Avani Soares
http://www.astrobin.com/247571/None/

Amazing captures. Large aperture, great imaging skills and a more southern location all come together in this lovely shot.

Mars is hiding behind trees from my home. I must try and get the scope out to a place with a clear southern horizon. Won't get anyhting like your shot, but I will see what is possible. The ADC should come in handy.

I appreciate the comments, really have high hopes for Mars this opposition, the only negative factor is that we are almost entering the winter and here in southern Brazil the polar jet is a constant presence in this time.

Yes Pete Presland, you will not be favored in this apparition of Mars, it will be much higher for us observers in the southern hemisphere.
In return you were given by Jupiter to us here has always been very low.

Archived