Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group Star Party Sep/Oct 2016

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just retired after a great nights viewing probably 10hours. Sky was good and dark, transparency was in and out. Dew the main problem especially on eyepieces.

Tired but several nice targets. Much deserved sleep required for but we're  all hoping for the same later today.

23 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Couple of shots of the scopes waiting for a dark sky run out 

20161002_153328~2.jpg

20161002_153813.jpg

Brilliant weekend and a good giggle had by all. 

Very nice line up there Damian?. Now that is a proper line up of telescopes . Is that Faulksy new born in the middle of the picture on the last photo?, as certainly looks like it.  Very nice Mike and it's first public appearance. Happy you had a great time?, but I think the Dob mob will be missed at SGL party in Hereford. Thanks for putting some pics up lads , impressive?  

16 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

Very nice line up there Damian?. Now that is a proper line up of telescopes . Is that Faulksy new born in the middle of the picture on the last photo?, as certainly looks like it.  Very nice Mike and it's first public appearance. Happy you had a great time?, but I think the Dob mob will be missed at SGL party in Hereford. Thanks for putting some pics up lads , impressive?  

Was even more impressive when Calv's 18" was there and Daves 16" too.

Yeah Faulksy made an SAS entrance sneaking in at night, although blinding everyone and ruining their night vision for hours was an epic fail on his part.

Lovely job he's made and great to meet him and Steve finally. 

Looking forward to seeing Steves photos 

Well, I have just got back and I must say I had a great time.
I would like to say thanks to Tony for organising everything and to the Dob Mob for letting me look through their scopes.
It was also great to put some faces to the SGL members I hadn't met before, especially to Brendan and his Indian rope trick (Damien)

Damiens Dob.JPG

Daves Dob.JPG

Mikes Dob.JPG

Steves Dob.JPG

Massive thanks to Tony for organising another great event :) Good job buddy.

Had a great time as usual. Nice to meet up with some old friends and make some new ones :thumbright: Thanks for trying to sort my dew band probs out Damien hopefully Nosferatu will get it sorted for me soon :evil62:
I'll put some pics up later as I'm cream crackered ATM. Thanks to everyone for a great time 

Gutted I couldn't make it in the end  due to work as it was my last chance of a star party this year (on hol for SGL and Kielder). Have to wait until kielder and kelling in the spring now. 

7 hours ago, obrazell said:

An interesting array of large telescopes. Any interesting objects viewed?

Owen

Indeed, I had a look through the cannons and I must say the views you see are the views you expect to see when you first take up the hobby, the Ring, Veil and Dumbbell were most impressive.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Freff said:

Yes Owen, I'll be making arrangements in the new year with the site owners. lt will probably be the weekend  Friday 24th March

I will post as soon as I get confirmation. HTH

Count me in when it's been arranged Tony!

Archived