Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

9 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Getting ready for Mondays Mercury transit and making sure both cameras focus. Think I've got a big enough view on the QHY without a Barlow to just use that though :)

IMG_20160505_161437.jpg

IMG_20160505_163042.jpg

Hope you not leaving them out till Monday. It's a bit of a waite ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

That reminds me, I must get some new supplies of the Avon dry oil spray ready for our summer Winscar sessions :)

Try Smidge. It really works for me and the beasts love to gnaw on my bones!

Derek

5 hours ago, mapstar said:

New eyepiece case arrived today

20160505_111741.jpg

Just managed to fit everything in. CPC delivery really quick 

Every time I buy a new bit of equipment I get particular "look" and a mumbled under breath question "I suppose that will be another case then?"

Keep up the good work.  I have had about  6 of these cases so far :evil4:

Derek

24 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Pink mouse, camera and carry bag/seat looking well there Vicky 

Hmm, not sure how I managed that one.... I'm more of a"purple" girl to be honest lol. It's all working and looking good.

Don't think my gear would still be here Mark if I left it out until Monday :)

45 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Hmm, not sure how I managed that one.... I'm more of a"purple" girl to be honest lol. It's all working and looking good.

Don't think my gear would still be here Mark if I left it out until Monday :)

We've already been round and you've taken it in! 

Either that or someone beat us to it :cussing:

6 minutes ago, mapstar said:

We've already been round and you've taken it in! 

Either that or someone beat us to it :cussing:

Noooooooo! I knew I shouldn't have left it whilst I went to vote! ;)

Well, the thread had got back on track this afternoon. It's quoting properly too - even from a mobile.

Right, better go track down my gear..... 

1 hour ago, Physopto said:

Every time I buy a new bit of equipment I get particular "look" and a mumbled under breath question "I suppose that will be another case then?"

Keep up the good work.  I have had about  6 of these cases so far :evil4:

Derek

This is the second, as the first wasn't big enough especially if expansion is taken into account :grin:

I've been keeping an eye on the weather for monday and metcheck have Sutton bank clear all night so I will be heading there.

Winscars weather forecast for next week has changed and every day looks poor. 

5 hours ago, mapstar said:

I'll be out Leigh. I was spotting galaxies at dusk (around 10pm) when we were up there on Monday. There is still plenty to see and it's that bit warmer. I like this time of year to be fair and late august although the Midges can be a severe problem without Vicky and her Avon supplies

I never said a word, or is there another 'Leigh' on here?

5 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

That reminds me, I must get some new supplies of the Avon dry oil spray ready for our summer Winscar sessions :)

All ready got a bottle 

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Getting ready for Mondays Mercury transit and making sure both cameras focus. Think I've got a big enough view on the QHY without a Barlow to just use that though :)

IMG_20160505_161437.jpg

IMG_20160505_163042.jpg

Nice setup Vicky what time are we meeting up

Yes, it is good to see the thread active again - woohoo!!! Well done WADAS for breaking SGL lol ;)

Neil - plan is to meet at Overton Cricket Club any time after 11.30am - Soupy will be there from that time setting up. I am working in the morning, but will be popping up with my gear as soon as I can. Have we found out whether we can use the "facilities" yet?

Set up in the front yard this afternoon to make sure my gear is all ready for Monday's Mercury transit, and to confirm that I can get focus with my QHY and my DSLR with the Lunt Herschel Wedge. Good news is that everything seems OK and ready to go. Whilst I was viewing I noticed a familiar looking sunspot on the solar disc, so I thought I'd grab a few AVIs. Stacked and processed image of The Sun and AR2542 (formerly known as AR2529) taken this afternoon using William Optics FLT-110 refractor, 1.25" Lunt Herschel Wedge, Celestron X-Cel LX 2 x barlow and QHY5-L-II monochrome planetary camera.
800 frame AVI processed through RegiStax6 to stack and select best 25% of frames and then wavelets added. It was good to see what was left of fabulous sunspot AR2529 which I previously imaged on 17th April prior to it's journey around the farside of the sun.

The Sun and AR2542 05.05.2016.jpg

Now now guys things aren't quite sorted yet. The new thread is a stop gap at present.

More work to do, which we have to discuss with everyone who enjoys the thread and the admin staff who have come forward with suggestions that may take us onto something bigger for us and SGL.

We shall discuss it at the next meeting/viewing which will hopefully be monday and post here to see what everyone thinks before finalising everything. 

Stick with it for now people and enjoy the revived thread. 

Iv just clicked on the reply to this topic button and the quote from earlier came up. I was able to delete it this time.

anyway what I was going to say was. 

Ooooo more new things. 

Dont seem the same now?

16 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Iv just clicked on the reply to this topic button and the quote from earlier came up. I was able to delete it this time.

anyway what I was going to say was. 

Ooooo more new things. 

Dont seem the same now?

Are you following the thread now mark 

Sunday night at winscar is now looking good according to metcheck.

Monday night at Sutton bank also looking good so two nights that may be productive in astro terms 

Archived