Narrowband

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damian thanks for posting the problem link but the link you posted on the old thread isn't working anymore so can't check what you posted. But we'll see if things sort themselves out from here. 

Welcome to the new thread everyone

Soupy

Good morning Wadas members!

An observation from Monday evening from home. Vicky and Jim were also present and knocked out a great Jupiter image with her Mak127. I had a go at M13 from my orange skies which made for very noisy subs. Will post once I get a chance to process!image.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Soupy said:

Damian thanks for posting the problem link but the link you posted on the old thread isn't working anymore so can't check what you posted. But we'll see if things sort themselves out from here. 

Welcome to the new thread everyone

Soupy

Grant (admin) has suggested this new thread as a fix to some of the posting issues we're having. 

I will get in touch with him over other issues we are experiencing or as Grant suggests you can post in the bugs section of the forum

Here is what I posted 

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/269255-forum-speeds-and-other-issues/

For those that cannot get on the thread I posted here it is. Any issues as Grant (admin) has stated please raise them in the bugs section of the forum:-

Myself and the other menbers of our local group (wakefield and district) have been having issues with the forum since the change over to the new format.

We have a long and pleasant general chat thread where we arrange meetings and discuss most aspects of astronomy (and many other things) but this active involvement has began to wane a little due to what I am coming to next.

Many of the people inputting into the thread via mobile devices used tapatalk and now find it difficult to use the new format.

Keeping track of threads and posts has become a pain for most. I've never used tapatalk myself but I was used to the forum in it's previous guise and did actually quite like it and thought it worked well both mobile and via desktop. We all understand the security issues surronding tapatalk so can understand why it has been axed.

Also the speed of uploading posts is sometimes appallingly slow. Cancelling a post then resubmitting doesn't solve this as you then end up with a double post!

Quoting somone can be a frustrating affair when your previous post comes up for some or, as above, the post just hangs and never uploads. Annoying when it is just impossible to delete from some devices. There are different themes but none seem to make a difference on some devices.

From my mobile (galaxy s6) over wifi I often give up as it is just so slow 10mins and the post still hasn't uploaded ? It maybe just my mobile and wifi (bt internet) but I have had similar via the desktop. Via mobile 4g it does work, but quoting a post with photo is hit and miss? 

Needless to say it is not a pleasant experience for some and has really turned them off to what has in the past been a joy to use. 

I understand the admin have worked hard to improve the experience on mobile devices and thank them for it, but I/we just wanted to know if any others out there are struggling as much as some in our local group are? 

Thanks in advance for any replies on behalf of our local group.

12.000 posts!  In a single thread!  My giddy aunt!  There are entire forums with less posts than that.  No wonder you were experiencing issues. 

It is great to see you using SGL to stay in touch and share images. Mapstar, please contact Grant to discuss your requirements, we might be able to find a solution that enables you to use SGL more easily and more effectively :smile:

Just now, Steve said:

12.000 posts!  In a single thread!  My giddy aunt!  There are entire forums with less posts than that.  No wonder you were experiencing issues. 

It is great to see you using SGL to stay in touch and share images. Mapstar, please contact Grant to discuss your requirements, we might be able to find a solution that enables you to use SGL more easily and more effectively :smile:

Thanks Steve. That was my intention 

Cheers 

Damian 

Just now, Vicky050373 said:

Hello everyone. Just trying to remember how to click to follow this new thread. Can anyone help me?

The 'follow' button is top-right, in the thread's title bar :smile: 

2 minutes ago, Steve said:

The 'follow' button is top-right, in the thread's title bar :smile: 

Think I've found it. It is at the bottom of the screen on the mobile site as opposed to being in the thread's title bar. Thank you :)

6 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Just to be fair :thumbsup: I may fit another two eyepieces in if I ever need to. 

You mean you are going to use more EPs than the 13mm and 8mm? :hello2:

Found you - I thought you'd moved out and changed the locks while I'd been away ;)

There has been talks of trips out to Winscar at the end of the other thread, my question is: is it still worth travelling out there at this time of year, with the diminishing Astronomical Darkness cone?

annual_darkness.png

I'll be out Leigh. I was spotting galaxies at dusk (around 10pm) when we were up there on Monday. There is still plenty to see and it's that bit warmer. I like this time of year to be fair and late august although the Midges can be a severe problem without Vicky and her Avon supplies

I bought 5 lots on ebay over winter and left them in kielder but they seemed to have gone hard and wouldn't spray. I'm hoping they will soften up over the summer when we need them. 

Archived