Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering - Will anyone at the cricket club have any excess solar filter for sale tomorrow?? Just need a 12cm diameter disc...

13 minutes ago, Marci said:

Just wondering - Will anyone at the cricket club have any excess solar filter for sale tomorrow?? Just need a 12cm diameter disc...

Hi Marci,

I can bring a square piece of ND5 visual quality Baader safety film - I have measured it and it is 14cm square, but I'm not going to be there until about 12.30pm. I live in Horbury if you can call for it tonight. PM me. Unless anyone else can help :)

Vicky

3 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Drunk as usual then Vicky lol 

Me??? Drunk??? Never! I ALWAYS stop at the tipsy stage LOL

Testing the DSLR on the 80mm refractor ready for tomorrow's Mercury transit
The plan is to have the QHY5L-II-M running on the William Optics 110mm with the Lunt Herschel wedge, and then have the 80mm refractor set up on a tripod with the visual quality film, but also to use with the DSLR if necessary
The Sun & AR2542 08.05.2016 with white light solar filter
Single 1/800 second exposures at ISO200

The Sun 08.05.2016.jpg

The Sun & AR2542 08.05.2016.jpg

3 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Hi Marci,

I can bring a square piece of ND5 visual quality Baader safety film - I have measured it and it is 14cm square, but I'm not going to be there until about 12.30pm. I live in Horbury if you can call for it tonight. PM me. Unless anyone else can help :)

Vicky

Thou art a gem - Shall find you there, or vice versa... look for a walking patchwork fluff-ball looking awkward in his own skin - that'll be me! How many pennies shalt I bring?

1 minute ago, Marci said:

Thou art a gem - Shall find you there, or vice versa... look for a walking patchwork fluff-ball looking awkward in his own skin - that'll be me! How many pennies shalt I bring?

Hi Marci - you can't miss us there a we will be set up in the car park. Don't worry about pennies. I will have some tape in my toolbox. What scope are you making a filter for?

yea, my sky seems to have cleared up here a bit but cant drive to winscarr due to blood alcohol levels :)   I shall hopefully see some of you at overton after 5 tomorrow if your still there, ill try and get off work early.

Just back from Winscar. Good to share the evening with Neil although things did not really work out.

Set up for just gone half 9 then it was a wait for the skies to darken. Whilst this was happening we both took in the GRS on Jupiter making its way around the planet.

I managed M13 next with the galaxy NGC6207 not long after.

I began to struggle finding everything just to realise that dew was the cause. That much moisture in the atmosphere killed any serious viewing.

We gave in at half 1 and headed for home after packing all the dew soaked gear into the car. 

No aurora due to the moisture either. When I got to the top of the hill it was still the same.

Shame as it promised so much 

Yes pity the weather didn't hold up

still good company as always 

coffee and carrot cake both my scope and camera was covered in dew that's why all the photos were fussy

let's hope tonight is better for the Mercury transit anyway  not to worry now catch you all next time

1 minute ago, gtis said:

Yes pity the weather didn't hold up

still good company as always 

coffee and carrot cake both my scope and camera was covered in dew that's why all the photos were fussy

let's hope tonight is better for the Mercury transit anyway of to worry now catch you all next time

Car is all loaded up ready for this afternoon. Time for a nice short shift at work before I see you all later. The sky is looking promising :)

12 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Hi Marci - you can't miss us there a we will be set up in the car park. Don't worry about pennies. I will have some tape in my toolbox. What scope are you making a filter for?

...Celestron 114 newtonian. 

so whereabouts at sutton bank are we meeting this evening?

Should be leaving home about 7.30 ish to get there and set up by 9 - but theres a few places to park and i dont know where you guys normally meet.

32 minutes ago, nicks90 said:

Should be leaving home about 7.30 ish to get there and set up by 9 - but theres a few places to park and i dont know where you guys normally meet.

Just looked at a couple of forecasts and it looks ok up to midnight then goes downhill. I'll still make one and hope the forecast improves 

40 minutes ago, nicks90 said:

Think there's only me ever been up there for a viewing session Nick.

Meet in the visitors car park then go to the spot I've used before 

First outing beyond the back garden for myself n’ Hx with the ‘scope... quite chuffed with these, taken with iPhone down the eyepiece... ace to meet folk (and cheers Ursula for the solar film, and Vicky n’ Jim for getting us aligned)!

Labelled 1.jpg

Labelled 3.jpg

7 hours ago, mapstar said:

Think there's only me ever been up there for a viewing session Nick.

Meet in the visitors car park then go to the spot I've used before 

I been up there a few times usually park up at the gliding club,  if there is anyone about there or an event on they don't mind you being there once you let them know what you are doing

24 minutes ago, hazegood said:

I been up there a few times usually park up at the gliding club,  if there is anyone about there or an event on they don't mind you being there once you let them know what you are doing

Cheers Leigh,

I have a nice spot planned that I've used several time's but if it's unavailable we'll give it a try 

Archived