Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ready for 9th May Mercury transit

Knighty2112

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All good here, just managed to get my remote PC access... saw it from the start, nice clear blue skies in Westwwod lakes :happy6:

Leica Zoom and the Quark ....doing well .... makes you realise just how big some of the sunspots we see actually are

I watched that too, Shaun. Very nice view in the Quark as the disk moved through the base of the prom and the chromosphere.

I won't get to see 3rd and 4th contact as the sun will be behind my house by then and probably also behind the normal hazy low cloud we always seem to have here.

Hope everyone gets some clear sky at some point :smile:

It must be awesome in the 150mm Derek its pretty darn sexy in the 80mm, I am using a Meade 40mm super plossl at the moment ..... very nice granulation too.

Knighty we might just be lucky enough with the sunspots :-)

Bit of passing thicker cloud but mainly high thin stuff.

Nice views through through the LS6O and Leica zoom, been imaging through the 152mm and Quark but getting the urge to swop over :)

Dave

Nice pics! Getting some lovely views here when the cloud parts. I'm just diving in and out of the house when I see sunshine. Given that I expected to be clouded out, I am really chuffed to have seen this one. My second! It is clearly visible in the 50mm finder too.

I just spoke to the Mrs and she said its cloudy in Northampton, so I am glad I went to the trouble of travelling to Boston (72 miles north), some thin cloud coming over but the scope is cutting through it very nicely.... good old fracs :happy6:

Got some good views earlier through cloud. Thicker cloud now so will wait til later to see if that changes. Just used my 70mm travelscope on 8115 and HW and 8-24mm zoom. I decided not to use my variable polarising filter or SC filter as there was plenty of cloud to bring the brightness right down. I was unable to make out the AR or any surface detail due to the cloud.

Archived