SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Needle Galaxy NGC4565 LRGB 27.04.16

theo

This image is the first deep sky project I have undertaken for a few months as I have been concentrating on planetary work, but I must admit to being more than happy to be doing deep sky again. This isn't that much data (total integration of 6hrs) but I processed it anyway and was quite pleased with the outcome. I may add to this at some point or move on to another target, not quite sure yet. LRGB always strikes a bit of fear into me as my site is far from being a dark location but conditions on this particular night were pretty decent so it was a pleasant surprise to find the processing relatively painless!! The orientation is down to my own personal preference.

Hope you like it.

Pete

NGC4565.png

Many thanks Stuart, John and MeyGray3833 for the kind words. Iv'e decided to leave this one and move on to new targets. I'm not sure the galaxy itself would benefit that much from extra data anyway, the many faint background galaxies surely would do but that's for another time now.

Pete

I'll have to add to the list of "stunning" comments, Pete - The detail you've captured is superb, but I particularly like the processing... 

I'm with you on LRGB imaging (the very thought makes me shudder) - LP is one thing, but being able to process the data (if you can get it) is another... Having said that, you obviously have no problem with the latter either! :)

I can only echo what everyone else has said, Awesome image :thumbsup:

i would be getting that printed and framed if it were one of mine (like that's going to happen, Not)

Love it! Detail in the bands is great giving a real sense of how it is a spiral edge on and the background is beautifully noise free thanks for sharing. 

I really like the dust lane detail in this - It's as has already been said ...... top drawer. For me, I feel that the central bulge is just a little too blue....... But that's only a personal thing :)

Archived