Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

90* Finder Scope attachement

Hey guys, my first post :)  Was wondering if there are 90* attachments for finder scopes or do you have to buy the whole finder scope with the 90* eyepiece?  I've got an Orion XT8 Dobsonian reflector scope with computerized locator but the finder scope is a real pain to use because I have to bend over and contort in funky way to look thru it.  Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to SGL. Finderscope come in either straight through or the angled variety. The angled finders tend to have a shorter tube to take into account the length of the light path through the diagonal so I don't think it would be possible to convert a straight through finder into an angled finder. A new angled finder will be needed.

Thanks guys.  I've got a bid on an Orion right angle finder scope on ebay right now.  Hopefully it holds out.  I don't have a lot of money to spend and they are expensive new.

Archived