Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SXVR H-694

I picked up a second hand SXVR H694 last week and managed a first light over the weekend. What a camera!

It is significantly less noisy than my Atik 414ex, and that is saying something, and with the extra cooling fan, it started off almost at my standard -10 and could go significantly lower. I ran some calibration frames when I got it, and gave up making darks, as there was next to nothing in the subs!

Here are a couple of cluster shots, with no noise reduction in the processing. It is fine with my existing 1.25 filters and was pretty easy to add in to the image train, although it does have a deeper chip recess than the Atik. Very happy indeed.

M92:

M92-L.jpg

NGC6811:

NGC6811-exo-XL.jpg

10 minutes ago, Starlight 1 said:

Very nice Matt , but I do not like the little USB power hub  seen some posts saying blue tac helps .

The one I have is the older SXVR version, not the Trius version so it doesn't have the hub, which I have heard other not so great reports from as well.

Matt

Great purchase.

I managed to grab one from FLO a few months back, but have yet to try it out in full anger due to a few mount issues.

Am going to be using mine for narrowband imaging at present while I build up the funds to get the RGB filter set in.

What I have seen from it so far has amazed me...as you say, no need for darks any more which is an absolute god send.  Have a super bias ready to apply to any data

My 1st light image can be seen here but is no where near as good as yours...has bad banding which I have now sorted (was down to frequency of the leds in the flat panel) and have a bit of collimation errors on there, but these all should be sorted out now, so the next time I get to take any images, it should be good....fingers crossed.

Is the extra cooling the bolt on fan that sits above the camera when mounted?  Was thinking of gettign one of those, but not sure where to grab one from....

Hi,

I was tempted by the FLO offer as well :). Yes, the extra cooler is one that bolts on the side and steals power from the main CCD power. It is the one sold by FLO I believe. I have a feeling my default temp could be much lower than the -10 I stuck with on the Atik. I reckon this is going to be a great narrowband CCD as well, when the nights are a bit longer and there is time to get enough subs!

Matt

Glad I got in before everyone else...was all Ollie's fault :D

Have now spotted the fan on FLO and will be looking at getting that next month now.....could possibly imagineer something myself, but will take path of least resistance and buy one.

Looking forward to getting several hours of data on things.  Have bought SGP to control everything and also went for the mosaic module so that will hopefully bring some good results

I have a Trius 694, and found the biggest problem with the hub to be the ridiculous adaptor leads that SX supply. Of four that came with the camera, three are showing the internal wires, I have swapped out one of them for the spare to use with the QHY guide camera as I was having it repeatedly dropping off the system.

I really do wish SX had fitted proper USB A sockets rather than the fiddly and non-standard mini-USB B sockets.

Archived