SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon 1100d live view video mode ISO question

Hi

I am continuing this steep learning curve and getting lots of answers from all SGL members. Here's another one:

I have got quite a few video clips of Jupiter that I have processed and will be taking more, and I have seen clips on how to reduce the ISO setting by pointing at bright objects, but obviously I can't do that at night once camera is connected. I have thought about poking a torch down the tube angled towards the EP, but do not want to go down that route incase I drop it! Is there a way of manually changing the ISO setting in video live view? 

I have the Canon 1200d and yes the iso can manually be set

Turn the camera to video mode and turn on live view,  press the Q button next to the set or display button, in that menu is iso setting. 

Also I find 640 x 480 res is better for planetary imaging,  some might disagree though.

If the camera set up is the same. 

Nige.

5 minutes ago, Nigel G said:

I have the Canon 1200d and yes the iso can manually be set

Turn the camera to video mode and turn on live view,  press the Q button next to the set or display button, in that menu is iso setting. 

Also I find 640 x 480 res is better for planetary imaging,  some might disagree though.

If the camera set up is the same. 

Nige.

Unfortunately pressing Q only brings up: 

AF LIVE

Auto white balance or daylight/shade/cloudy etc settings

Choice of image effects or user defined options

Auto correct options. 

There is no option to adjust the ISO. 

3 hours ago, Peco4321 said:

Unfortunately pressing Q only brings up: 

AF LIVE

Auto white balance or daylight/shade/cloudy etc settings

Choice of image effects or user defined options

Auto correct options. 

There is no option to adjust the ISO. 

I've got 1200 d you can alter it on that one if you go in video mode then press menu you get exposure press that gives you choice set manually or auto .If you check manual then you can alter that in the menu that comes up when you press q like Nigel was saying .Is the 1100 different ?

You could always try what I uses to do with my 1100d.

Instead of unscrewing the holders on the focuser to completely remove the camera, I used to press the button on the camera that would usually release the lens. This way your t-ring is still attached to the focuser so when you re-connect the camera it will still be in the same orientation as it was.

You can now shine a light directly at your sensor and lock the ISO at your desired level.

Archived